Saturday, April 27, 2013

THE CASE CRACKERS CLUB: THE MYSTERY OF THE ABANDONED HOUSE

Hello! Here is a story I wrote a while ago. It is the first in a series. I hope everyone likes it! I think it could be edited, but I couldn't wait to share it! Here it is:   


Dear Reader,
Hi, I’m Kylie Black. I am 11 years old. The Case Cracker Club books are about my best friends Megan, Elle, and I  solving mysteries. Here is a bit about my friends and I : We are all in 5th grade at Olton Elementary School in Winterville, Maine. We are all in Miss Jemmings’s class. Well, that’s all you need to know for now! Get to the book! Bye!
                                 -Kylie! :) 




Case Crackers Club: The Mystery of the Abandoned House
CHAPTER 1
MarshEl345 :  Kylie! Guess what.
 KookieKy1234: What?! What?! What’s up Elle?
MarshEl345: The new neighbors moved in yesterday! They have a girl our age!
KookieKy1234: Cool! Maybe we can go introduce ourselves later.
MarshEl345:  Yeah, my mom told me to go introduce myself, but I wanted to see if you wanted to come too.
KookieKy1234: Yeah, we’ll all go.
MarshEl345: OK see u in a bit.
I  turn my  phone off, and head downstairs to put my sweatshirt on. Then, our entire  family heads down to my  best friend, Elle Trackman’s house. When we meet at the corner, the Trackmans lead  us to the new neighbors’ house.
When they get to the house they ring the bell and a very kind looking woman answers the door. Mrs. Trackman introduces herself, “Hello, my name is Alyssa Trackman, I live across the street in the blue house.”  “I just wanted to introduce myself, my family, and other neighbors. Here is a gift basket.” She says and hands her the basket. We all introduce ourselves. “Hi, I’m Elisabeth Dechello, come on in.” The lady says.
She then calls people to come downstairs and meet us. We sit on their couch and play a game. We play a game called “Meet Me”. What we did was, we said our name, something we liked, and what grade we were in, and then we started chatting, separated in groups by age. Parents together, etc. Mr. and Mrs. Dechello have 5 children.
They have one son named Joseph, who is in his third year of college. Their other son, Justin, is in ninth grade. Their oldest daughter, Miley,  is in eighth grade. The middle daughter, Megan is my age, and their youngest daughter, Veda Anne is 4 years old. Elle, Megan, and I got  grouped together. We have lots in common.
CHAPTER 2
        After school on Monday Megan, Elle, and I walk home from school together. We pass the old abandoned house Elle and I pass every day. Megan asks what it is. We tell her that when old Mr. Hagan died, the house was never sold, so it became abandoned and no one has been in there since.  After we all get home, we text  each other.
BerryMeg645: Hey girlies! So, do you wanna go to the old abandoned house to check it out with me tomorrow?
KookieKy1234: Uh, Megan I don’t think u wanna do that.
MarshEl345: I agree with Kylie. Sorry Megan.
BerryMeg645: Why not??
KookieKy1234: That house has been abandoned for years, it’ll be all dusty, dark, and scary.
BerryMeg645: So, are you saying you’re not a risk taker?
MarshEl345: NO! I AM A  RISK TAKER! What about u Kylie?
KookieKy1234:  I AM TOO! Alright, Megan, I’ll go. Elle?
MarshEl345: Yeah, ok, but not tmw. I have softball practice. How about Thursday? I have cheerleading on Wednesday.
KookieKy1234: Can’t, I have piano tomorrow, softball practice on Wednesday, and dance on Thursday. Friday?
MarshEl345: I’m free. Megan?
BerryMeg645: WOW! You guys r busy! I’m free Friday. I’m not in any extracurricular activities yet.
BerryMeg645:  Well, gotta hit the homework. Wanna hang out at my house later? Around 4:00?
KookieKy1234: OK, if I can. I’ll text u if I can go.
MarshEl345: Me too. Got To Go see you later.
BerrryMeg645: OK GREAT!! I asked my mom, she said yes. See you later! BYE!
MarshEl345: bye
KookieKy1234: bye
I turn my phone off and start my math worksheet. I’m glad Megan is in my class. After doing 8 really easy word problems, I go onto English.  At 4 I ask my mom if I can go to Megan’s house she say yes, and I head over.
We wait for Elle, and then we hang around and talk. Then, I go home for dinner. THE NEXT MORNING…..
KookieKy1234:Hey, wanna meet up at the corner in a bit. Kyra and Karin  have to come too sorry.
BerryMeg645: Sure, That’s ok.
MarshEl345: Yeah I’m ready too. Emma and Elliot have to come. I promised my mom I would take them today.
KookieKy1234: Ok, see you in 5 minutes.
BerryMeg645: Ok. My siblings are older or younger, so I  don’t have anyone I have to bring, but I don’t mind.
MarshEl345: Ok
After texting my friends, I slip my shoes on call my little  sisters to come downstairs, and then  meet Megan, Elle, Emma, and Elliot at the corner so we can walk to school.
Chapter 3
After school on Friday, as we planned, Elle, Megan, and I go investigate the old abandoned house. We try to go in, and the door is locked. We go around the back, and the door is locked too. We find a window, however, wide open. It is big enough for us to fit through, but not like a door. When we get inside, the house is dark, as I suspected, and it smells funny.
“I’m scared already” Elle says, and shudders. “Me too” I say. “Oh, come on guys, it isn’t that scary.” Megan says, but I can see her legs starting to shake. We  explore the rest of the house. We find Mr. Hagan’s library. It is full of books. We look through them.
When I take a book off a shelf, something falls out from in between two books. It’s a note, and a 10 huge wads of  dollar bills. The note says:    
Monday, May 22, 2000
Lacey,
If you’ve found this and I’m not here, then I’m gone forever. I know this note was in a very hidden place, but I needed to make sure it was in a well hidden. Well, here is what I need you to know. Lacey, you and Lenny come from a very rich family. Your mother inherited 1,000,000 dollars from her mother, and before your mother passed away, she told me to split the 1,000,000 dollars between me, you, and Lenny, but I decided to split all the money between just Lenny and you.  I decided to do that because I too have a great amount of money. I inherited 1,000,000 dollars from my Great Uncle Marvin, but I kept it for you and Lenny. Lacey, you keep 1,000,000 dollars, and give the other 1,000,000 dollars to your brother. I wrote to you, because you are my oldest child. You and Lenny can do whatever you want with the money.
                                         Love always,
                                            Dad
After we read the note, we don’t know what to do. The 10 wads, I guess was the 2,000,000 dollars. “We should tell the police” I tell Megan and Elle.  We can go tell my mom, C’mon.” I say. We run out of the house and run to my house.
“ Mom!” I say running into the house. “What is it Kylie?” “Ok, I know you’ll get mad, and probably ground me for the rest of my life but, Megan wanted to check out Mr. Hagan’s house, so Elle and I went with her and we found this,” I say quickly and hand her the money and note. Ok, slow down, what is this? I repeat what I said.
“Ok, Kylie, yes you are in trouble for sneaking into someone else’s house, even though no one lives there.  So you are grounded,  previously going to be a month. However,  you did the right thing by bringing the money and note to me so you are grounded for 2 weeks, no TV or computer, unless needed for school.” “Deal, Mom.”
Later I text my friends because they had to go home, so we decided that I tell my mom.
KookieKy1234: Hey guys!
MarshEl345: Kylie! What did your mom say?
KookieKy1234: I’ll tell you, let’s wait a bit for Megan.
BerryMeg645: I’M  HERE!
KookieKy1234: I’m punished. For 2 weeks, no TV or computer, unless needed for school.
BerryMeg645:  OK! WHAT DID SHE SAY ABOUT THE NOTE AND WADS OF CASH!
KookieKy1234: Ok, we are going to take the note and money to the police tomorrow and see if they can find Lacey.
MarshEl345: Ok, cool. I was wondering if you both wanted to sleepover tomorrow night.
BerryMeg645: My mom said yes.
KookieKy1234: My mom said yes too, but got to go. Bye
Chapter 4
     The next morning Mom and I head to the police  station. Officer Ryland helps us find Lacey. They haven’t found her yet though. Officer Ryland will contact us when we find her. When Mom and I get home I decide to see if I can find Lacey in the Yellow Pages. I find many Laceys, but I don’t know which one  is Lacey Hagen. Later I meet  Elle and Megan at Tootsie’s Smoothies.
Then, we go to Elle’s house for the sleepover. We watched Tim Burton’s Alice in Wonderland, ate popcorn, and chatted.
Elle’s little sister Emma had a sleepover at her friend’s house, so did her little brother Elliot, her brother Eddie is out of the house in college, but Elle’s oldest sister, also my sometimes babysitter, Ellen had a sleepover with her best friend Isabelle in the Trackman house, but we all had a blast. Elle, Megan, Ellen, Isabelle, and I all went to bed at……… 12:30. Hey, that’s what you do at a sleepover.
In the morning, we all have breakfast, hang out, and go home. When I get home I look for Lacey in the Yellow Pages. I think I found her. I tell my mom and we drive to the police station with Megan and Elle. The police called her and she came in. It is the right Lacey. Then, Lacey called Lenny.  Lacey Hagen  is 20 years old and goes  to The  University of Winterville. Lenny Hagen is 18 years old and goes to  The Community College of Winterville.
When not at school, Lenny and Lacey live with their aunt. Lacey and Lenny Hagen are now millionaires. Lacey and Lenny were so grateful that they gave Megan, Elle, and I each 200 dollars! We thank them and they say it was no problem, because after all, we did find out that the Hagen family members were millionaires. After that, Lacey and Lenny clean out Mr. Hagen’s house and get it on the market for selling.
Well, I know that was a short mystery, but that’s all for this book! There wasn’t much to the abandoned house. I hope to see you in the next book Case Crackers Club book.  Bye!
-      Kylie Black
-      Elle Trackman
-      Megan Dechello
Case Crackers Club 


No comments: